GC geeft op haar moderne campus te Leuven in België een tweedaagse cursus op 3& 4 maart over Simplified posteriors in challenging cases en zal er Deep Margin Elevation, adhesion, IDS, contact points en occlusion aan pakken.
Dr. Ieva Jelisejeva has a full time dental practice in Riga, Latvia where she uses the techniques that are taught in her continues education seminars on a daily basis to treat her patients. Her private practice focused on quality modern comprehensive care and is specialized in aesthetic adhesive restorative dentistry and fixed prosthodontics.
Majority of what we do in dentistry are direct posterior restorations. Average longetivity of resin bonded posterior restorations is 6 years. Their mechanism of failure is known: microleackage, moisture control, polimerisation shrinkage, bonding techniques, voids and bubles and postoperative sensitivity. How can we create solid foundation which lasts? Science and clinical knowleadge leads to better understanding of adhesive protocols and materials we use in everyday dentistry. Structurally and aestheticaly restored tooth is void free, has no postoperative sensitivity and is protected at its best. This course in details will give a practical tips for all aspects of direct composite resin restorations, inlcuding: how to achieve maximum bond strenght, how to obtain tight marginal seal, how to maintain pulp vitality and how to reduce and manage polimerisation stress.
Posterior composite restorations are dependant not only on adhesives, composites and restorative techniques. Ideal form, marginal adaptation, and proximal contact and contour are all achievable goals if proper accesories are selected.
- Newer composite technologies, their advantages and mechanical properties
- Adhesives-history and where we are now. Overview of adhesives. Bond strenght and how the polymerisation stress impacts hybrid layer. How to manage polymerisation stress and increase bond strenght.
- Immediate dentin sealing
- Deep margin elevation with composite
- How to achieve optimal separation, tight proximal contacts, perfect contour – overview, and tips and tricks of different accesories for various clinical situations
- How to obtain ideal occlusal form- pizza restorative technique, which helps to generate precise and correct occlusal anatomy.